Welcome to TLC Learning Center, where children of all abilities and backgrounds learn side-by-side in a nurturing, positive environment.
Welcome to TLC Learning Center!
TLC Learning Center is an early childhood education center for infants, toddlers, and preschool children with an on-site pediatric therapy center located in Longmont, Colorado. Our classrooms prepare every child for kindergarten through literacy and STEM focused curriculum. We develop positive social-emotional behavior in every child, creating a holistic learning environment that focuses on the whole child. In addition to cognitive and social-emotional development, TLC preschool students participate in YogaKids and Young Athletes for fine and gross motor skill development. TLC won the 2017 Young Athletes Program of the Year in Colorado.
TLC serves children in a fully inclusive, deliberately diverse environment to foster compassion and critical thinking in all of our students. To fulfill our mission – to provide comprehensive early childhood education and therapeutic services to assist each child in reaching his or her highest potential – we are a Level Four Colorado Shines rated center.
Our infant nursery, toddler classrooms, and preschool classrooms are open year-round to best serve busy families. TLC's infant nursery serves children as young as eight weeks old. Our wobbler and toddler rooms serve children up to 2 1/2 years old. Our preschool program serves children through six years old. All of our classrooms serve children with typical development (no identified special needs or developmental delays), as well as children with developmental delays or disabilities. Diverse classrooms are part of our fully inclusive learning model.
On-site physical, occupational, and speech pediatric therapies for children up to 12 years old allow TLC staff to identify developmental delays or disabilities in children as soon as possible and provide early interventions for improved long-term outcomes. TLC students are diverse, and we are proud of our fully-inclusive classrooms where children with typical abilities (no identified special need) learn and play alongside friends with developmental delays or disabilities. Inclusive classrooms foster compassion and care in all children, and benefit both those with typical abilities and special needs.
TLC was founded as The Tiny Tim Center in 1956 by local families, and has served the community with the highest quality infant care, toddler care, preschool, and pediatric therapies ever since.
Take a tour of our facility, learn about our early childhood education programs, our pediatric therapy programs, read our blog, read our latest newsletter, browse our Annual Report, or contact us for more information and to schedule a tour. We're glad you're here!
TLC News & Events
- September 1: TLC Christmas Tree Festival tickets go on sale online. Phone and in-person tickets sales available M-F during TLC business hours starting September 4th.
- September 3: Labor Day, No School
- September 6: 1st Annual Donor Thank You Dinner for donors who have contributed significant gifts to TLC in the previous three years.
- September 7: United Way Day of Caring: TLC will welcome the Longmont Rotary Club on campus to complete several projects around the center.
- October 12: Late start 10AM for staff professional development.
- November 1: TLC Tree Festival event and raffle tickets available for pickup at TLC (also available at will-call the day of the event).
- November 9: Late start 10AM for staff professional development.
- November 22 & 23: Thanksgiving break.
- December 1 & 2: TLC Christmas Tree Festivals.