Welcome to 2017 at the TLC Learning Center! We're a little late on the new year's welcome, but we've been busy growing (we have a new toddler classroom and full or nearly-full preschool classrooms and infant nursery) and learning. Whenever you arrive, we're glad you're here!
For over 60 years, TLC’s mission has been to provide, in a fiscally responsible manner, comprehensive early childhood education and therapeutic services to assist each child in reaching his or her highest potential. For this first blog in 2017, I am very pleased to announce that TLC Learning Center will finish our fiscal year 2016 with a positive net ordinary income bottom line! This is a huge accomplishment and only happens when you have a strategy-minded board of directors, focused and competent leadership, dedicated teachers and therapists, and a supportive community. Because of the success of our two fundraisers (2nd annual Kentucky Derby Party and 35th annual Christmas Tree Festival), full classrooms and caseloads, excellent turnout for Colorado Gives Day, and public and private foundations awarding us with much needed resources, along with conservative spending and operations, we were able to achieve a positive bottom line for the first time since we moved into our new facility in 2005.
We have lofty goals for 2017, but we need your help. Here are the top 10 things you can do to support TLC Learning Center:
1. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend the 3rd annual TLC Kentucky Derby Party Saturday, May 6th at Schlagel Farms.
2. Contribute to TLC through your company’s matching gift program, or sign-up to support TLC on a monthly basis at ColoradoGives.org (you can also contact us at 303-776-7417 to set up a monthly gift, as we can only accept one-time gifts on our website at this time).
3. Commit now to sponsoring a tree at the 36th Annual TLC Learning Center Christmas Tree festival using this form.
4. Refer a friend to TLC for any child eight weeks to six years old and that family will get 50% off their first month of tuition. See our flyer for more information.
5. Have your employer call TLC Learning Center and become a corporate partner and all employees will get 10% off tuition!
6. Connect a new business that is moving to town with TLC Learning Center and help them become a part of the TLC community as an event sponsor or financial supporter.
7. Invite me to come speak at your Rotary club, church mission’s committee, or civic group.
8. Donate a monetary gift or item to our classrooms or pediatric therapy rooms. Visit our supply wish list to see what we're most in need of right now.
9. Contact us with information about family foundations, community grants, or other philanthropic opportunities to share the mission of TLC Learning Center.
10. Be an advocate for all children in our community and partner with TLC as we ensure every child is able reach his or her highest potential.
Thank you for your support and feel free to come visit us anytime!