The Mission & Values of TLC Learning Center
TLC has nurtured and supported the cognitive, physical, and social-emotional development of children for over fifty years. We provide high-quality, accredited infant and toddler care, preschool and pediatric therapy services to accomplish our mission: to provide, in a fiscally responsible manner, comprehensive early childhood education and therapeutic services to assist each child in reaching his or her highest potential. To fulfill our mission, we are a Four Star Qualistar rated (now Colorado Shines) infant, toddler, and preschool program that serves children with typical development, special needs, and from high-risk backgrounds, combined with on and off site therapeutic services that complement our educational curriculum, while being tailored to the needs of each individual child.
Who We Serve:
TLC's classrooms serve children of all developmental abilities and backgrounds from eight weeks to five years old with half and full-day programs in a year-round, fully-inclusive program.
Our pediatric therapy program works with children from birth to 12 in pediatric speech, occupational, and physical therapies. Therapists can see children both on-site at TLC, and throughout the community in hospitals and family homes.
- Preschool for children two and a half to five years old. Our inclusive preschool is located in Longmont, Colorado, but serves children from the surrounding cities and counties as well.
- Infant care for children starting at eight weeks old. Our large infant room includes rocking chairs, clean floor space, a sleeping area, and a kitchen. TLC is able to store breast milk, and mothers are welcome to come and breast or bottle feed their babies at TLC during the day either in the nursery or in a private breast feeding room.
- Toddler & wobbler care serves children who are developmentally in-between the infant room and beginning preschool. Our early childcare program has two dedicated classrooms and an age-appropriate playground space to best serve our littelest walkers and wobblers.
- Pediatric physical, occupational, and speech therapies for children birth to 12 is offered throughout Longmont, Boulder County, and the surrounding communities. TLC accepts most insurance plans, including Medicaid.
View our program brochure in PDF format.
Why an Inclusive Model?
Children with a wide variety of needs are part of our early learning community. Our inclusive classrooms educate children with various learning styles and abilities, and our teachers' strong knowledge of child development helps them to successfully teach young children with all talents, interests, and abilities. In effective inclusive programs, teachers adapt activities to include all students, even though the individual learning goals of each child may be different for the activity.
Children may have a developmental disability that delays some developmental milestones, or they may have an accelerated development pace, making acquisition of kindergarten-readiness concepts easy for a child. All needs are recognized and adapted for in TLC classrooms.
In high quality early childhood programs, inclusion is simply an example of the regular practice of meeting the individual needs of each child and family. No two learners are alike, whether they have a disability or not, and inclusive schools like TLC place great importance on creating opportunities for students to learn and be assessed in a variety of ways. TLC teachers consider a wide range of learning styles in designing instruction and utilize nationally recognized research-based curriculum that meet K-12 Common Core State Standards and prepare each TLC student for success.
The TLC Advantage:
Other strategies used in TLC classrooms to ensure individualized attention include:
- A low teacher to student ratio and small class sizes that enable our teachers to provide individualized support, whether a child needs more attention to master a skill or more activities to challenge themselves.
- Highly educated and experienced teachers, most with master's degrees, who know how to individualize instruction based on each child’s needs and interests.
- TLC uses the Pyramid Plus approach to promote positive behavior development.
- TLC holds a Four Star rating from Qualistar Colorado in each of our programs, the highest rating possible.
Our inclusive model enhances the way in which all of our students are accepted, assessed, and moved forward through our levels of programming. At TLC, each child is prepared to reach their highest potential.