Parent Education Events at TLC
Upcoming Parent Toolkit Nights:
- Wednesday, October 18th, 2017: Challenging Behaviors Part 1
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017: Kindergarten, Here We Come! (Please note this session is by invitation only).
- Thursday, January 25, 2018: Challenging Behaviors Part 2
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018: Challenging Behaviors Part 3
- Thursday, April 26, 2018: Challenging Behaviors Part 4
All Parent Toolkit Nights are 4:30 - 5:30PM. Childcare is provided to TLC students and student siblings who are 8 weeks to 6 years old. While all of our sessions will build on each other, it is not necessary to attend every Toolkit Night.
TLC offers education & enrichment nights for parents and guardians of TLC students. These learning opportunities offer a chance to learn about a variety of approaches to healthy child development, and how to utilize strategies for healthy behavior that we use in TLC classrooms in the home. In 2015-2016, the Positive Parent Partnership group, a TLC parent advisory committee, will help set the course for parent education nights.
TLC also offers handouts and strategies from Technical Assistance Center for Social Emotional Intervention's Backpack Education series on-site.
To always be in the loop about our upcoming events and educational series, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, and consider joining the Positive Parent Partnership group.